2021-22 Appearance Standards (All Divisions)
General Guidelines for All Divisions
While on campus, the following expectations apply:
- Students are required to arrive on campus properly and neatly attired.
- Required Oak Hall School uniform items must be purchased from the approved Lands’ End school site unless specified otherwise.
- Uniforms are required to be worn as the manufacturer intended. Over-sized or undersized clothes are not in uniform.
- Underwear may not be visible at any time.
- Uniforms are required to be in good repair and unaltered.
- Shirts and blouses must be tucked in at all times; only the first button may be unbuttoned.
- Only plain white short-sleeved or sleeveless undershirts may be worn.
- Hooded sweatshirts, including athletic team wear, are not allowed during the school day; this applies to all divisions.
- Hats, caps, and hooded jackets and winter jackets may be worn during inclement weather only and must be removed upon entering a school building
- Hair must be clean, well-maintained, and of a naturally occurring color and style.
- Hair must be kept away from one’s eyes.
- Boys’ hair must be kept off the collar during school hours.
- Jewelry and accessories are acceptable as long as they do not distract from the learning environment.
- Smart watches are not permitted in the Lower or Middle School.
- Earrings in the lobes of the ears are acceptable as long as the style is not distracting.
- Lower School students should wear stud earrings only; dangly or hoop earrings are not allowed due to safety concerns.
- Coordinating hair accessories may be worn. No hair tinsel allowed.
- No excessive body piercing, nose studs, nose rings, or offensive tattoos, including temporary or stickers, may be visible at any time.
- No earbuds, headphones, or phones should be used during school hours in the Lower or Middle divisions.
- They must be purchased at Lands’ End or the school store. Some items are also available on Oak Hall's BSN link but must abide by dress code guidelines (no hooded items, etc.): https://sideline.bsnsports.com/schools/florida/gainesville/oak-hall-school.
- They must be embroidered or printed with the approved Oak Hall logos.
The only hooded item allowed in our uniform is a hooded rain jacket during inclement weather, and it must be removed upon entering a school building.
Students may not wear:
- Any dress, hairstyle, tattoo, or adornment that does not fit with our intent may be deemed inappropriate.
- Hats and sunglasses while inside any building.
- Tank tops.
- T-shirts of any kind (except for on Spirit Days)
- Backless attire of any kind.
- Shorts with an inseam shorter than 6 inches.
- Torn or ripped clothing of any kind.
- See-through or inappropriately tight clothing.
- Athletic clothing like athletic or running shorts, sweat pants, warm-up pants, and yoga pants.
- Flip-flops, athletic sandals, shower shoes, and Crocs.
- Clothing with messages deemed inappropriate.
- Clothing which fails to cover all undergarments.
- Character outfits unless during a specified time (e.g., Homecoming Week).
- Knee or thigh-high stockings.
- Long-sleeved or oversized t-shirts.
- Tops with spaghetti straps.
- Denim shorts
- Cargo shorts
- Hooded Sweatshirts