THE NEXT GENERATION OF LEADERSAwarding students who exemplify Oak Hall's core values of Scholarship, Leadership, and Service.
How to Apply
To be considered for the Honor Scholarship, applicants must have the following items on file:
- Completed application form (application fee waived with code: FREEAPP23)
- English teacher recommendation form, Math teacher recommendation form, and Principal/Counselor recommendation form.
- Recommendation forms should be returned to Nancy Coleman in a sealed, signed envelope: Oak Hall School, Attn: Nancy Coleman, 1700 SW 75th Street, Gainesville, FL 32607
- Unofficial transcript (K-5th grade report cards and standardized testing included)
- Achievement test scores from the first achievement test scores through the current year scores
- Testing Report (ie. psychological testing report, 504’s, IEPs, and any additional documentation stating your student’s learning needs)
- Discipline Report
- Two non-academic letters of recommendation
- Please note there is no form for the recommender to fill out for this requirement. Letters should be returned to Nancy Coleman in a sealed, signed envelope: Oak Hall School, Attn: Nancy Coleman, 1700 SW 75th Street, Gainesville, FL 32607
- Copy of birth certificate, immunization record (DH Form 680), and school health entry exam (DH Form 3040)
All information should be submitted to Nancy Coleman, Director of Enrollment Management, by February 19th each year for the following academic school year. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Honor Scholarship Timeline
January 13-February 19: Application period open
February 21-23: Application review period by Honor Scholarship Committee
February 24: The enrollment team will notify students from the applicant pool if they have advanced to the on-site visit for testing
March 7: Qualified applicants testing (3:30-5:15 pm)
March 22: Finalists notified
March 28-29: Finalist interviews (in 15-minute intervals, 3:30-5:00 pm)
March 31: Honor Scholarship recipient notified
NOTE: No late applications will be accepted. Additionally, Honor Scholarship applicants will be required to shadow by March 21st. To sign up for a shadow day, please register here.
In addition to the Honor Scholarship, Oak Hall offers a need-based financial assistance program for grades K-12. The average award for qualified applicants is $7,555—significantly reducing out-of-pocket costs. We encourage families to explore all of their funding options and ask our team questions along the way!