Monday, August 14, 2023Student & Family Orientation
Starting a new school year can be exciting and overwhelming regardless of grade level! As partners in your student’s educational experience, we are excited to launch FOUNDATIONS, a revamped campus-wide Student and Family Orientation. This half-day, HIGHLY ENCOURAGED program was designed with feedback from families and students and is your one-stop shop for the start of a new school year.
Don’t forget to save the date for Monday, August 14, 2023:
ECLC & Lower School Schedule – 7:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Middle School & Upper School Schedule – 1:30-5:30 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is FOUNDATIONS?
What is FOUNDATIONS?
FOUNDATIONS, Oak Hall’s new campus-wide orientation for new and returning students. A re-imagination of Meet the Teacher, Orientation, and Back to School Night, FOUNDATIONS is your one-stop shop for ensuring a solid foundation for the start of a new school year.
Incorporating valuable insights from OHS families, FOUNDATIONS presents a structured program that:
- Provides large and small group sessions sharing vital details about your division and grade level.
- Offers opportunities to delve into diverse academic and co-curricular activities and support services.
- Shares about Oak Hall School’s vision and your integral role within the OHS community.
During FOUNDATIONS, participants will be able to:
- Meet their teachers and advisors for the upcoming school year.
- Locate their classrooms.
- Explore the campus in depth.
- Collect essential back-to-school items.
- Network with new individuals and reconnect with familiar faces.
- Tap into a wide array of campus resources.
Why is FOUNDATIONS Highly Recommended?
Attending FOUNDATIONS ensures that students and families are informed about the resources available to them. Participating in FOUNDATIONS will give you comprehensive knowledge about Oak Hall and what to expect as your student embarks on the upcoming school year. Embracing this requirement ensures that you and your family are equipped with the necessary tools to maximize your educational experience and make the most of the incredible resources at Oak Hall.
- Students and families will meet their teachers and advisors for the 2023-24 school year.
- Families of Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC) and Lower School (LS) students will be able to continue through the family orientation sessions while their registered ECLC and LS students spend a fun and active half-day with their new teachers. See below regarding this child-care option.
- P.E. Uniforms will be distributed to 4th & 5th graders and all Middle School (MS) students.
- All new Oak Hall students and 6th and 9th graders will receive their uniform-required ID Badges. Students in grades 7,8,10,11,12 who need a replacement uniform-required ID Badge may purchase a replacement badge during orientation.
- MS students will receive their school-issued laptops and P.E. uniforms during advisory sessions.
- Eligible Upper School (US) students can sign up for parking spaces during their assigned grade-level times.
- Dress code-compliant uniform items will be available to purchase at Eagles Landing, located in the Student Engagement Center.
You will also have the opportunity to attend:
- An overview of Oak Hall School with the Head of School and your Division Director.
- Several breakout sessions with Oak Hall staff and faculty members detailing resources available for your student’s success.
- An informative resource fair that connects students and families with critical resources that will prepare them for the school year.
- Click here to view ECLC/LS Schedule; Click here to view MS/US Schedule.
Do Parents Need to Attend?
Yes, parents are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND. Parents are integral to the educational journey of our students. Oak Hall’s Orientation Program, FOUNDATIONS, offers unique sessions and valuable resources specifically crafted for parents. During your registration process, add your email address to your reservation to ensure you receive all pertinent details about your orientation schedule for both you and your student(s). We’re eager to share this enriching journey with you!
Do I Need to Register?
Yes, REGISTER HERE! Childcare will be available to Eagles enrolled in 3-year-old Preschool through 5th grade from 7:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Families must pre-register their student(s) by AUGUST 1 to ensure proper staffing.
Is Childcare Provided?
Yes. We are pleased to offer childcare for Eagles enrolled in Preschool through 5th grade. This service will be available during the event from 7:45 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. For planning and staffing purposes, we kindly request that families register their children by AUGUST 1.
In addition to allowing parents full engagement in the orientation and breakout sessions, this is also an excellent opportunity for students to catch up with friends, begin forming new friendships, interact with their new teachers, and alleviate any first-day-of-school nerves in a familiar and nurturing environment.
Will Snacks or Lunch Be Provided for My Child(ren)?
We will provide two snacks for registered children.
What is the Cost?
This program is essential to your Oak Hall experience; there is no additional cost.
Where Should I Park?
Campus will have all lots open this day. Please arrive early to allow ample time to park and check in.
Will Uniforms be Available for Sale?
Who Serves on the Orientation Committee?
This One School program is led by the Orientation Committee and guided by feedback from Oak Hall families, students, faculty, and staff.
The Oak Hall School Orientation Committee:
Logan Bowlds | Director of the Lower School and ECLC
Nancy Coleman | Director of Enrollment Management
Jaime Gresley | Director of Advancement
Audrey Jones | Interim Director of the Middle School
Jeff Malloy | Director of Operations
Tim McCarthy | Assistant Director of the Middle School
Buffy McTureous | Assistant Director of Athletics
Edwin McTureous | Director of Athletics
Karin Montini | Director of Teaching and Learning
Donna Muller | Director of Educational Technology and Data Management
John Perlette | Director of the Upper School
Kirsten Rowe | Director of Human Resources and Legal Compliance
Danielle Tripp |Assistant Director for Summer and Auxiliary Programs
Audrey West | Assistant Director of the Lower School and ECLC