Phase One Review
Capital Campaign Phase 1A
Safety Expansion | A Campus Priority
Goal: $600K | Complete Fall 2022
Addition of a welcome center and additional perimeter fencing: create a defined entrance to OHS and provide ability to fully close and/or restrict visitors to campus.
Oak Hall’s strategic and master plans start with our mission to be a welcoming, diverse, and supportive learning community empowering students to pursue their academic, artistic, and athletic passions. The addition of the Welcome Center serves as the front door of Oak Hall. It provides a warm hello from an OHS staff member, friendly directions, and a defined entrance. As you pull onto the pavers, seeing the tree emblem displayed prominently, you know you are somewhere special.
The Oak Hall Welcome Center
The Oak Hall Welcome Center not only provides a distinguished entrance to Oak Hall and a welcoming first impression but also improves campus safety, an opportunity identified in the 2019 campus study. This project is an expansion of our campus safety efforts and includes the addition of perimeter fencing. This project is so much more than a new gate: it is a commitment to our children and community, the things we hold most precious.
Our deepest gratitude to the philanthropic leadership that made this project possible:
- The Pritchett Family, who were the first to embrace this project. Their leadership continues to serve as a catalyst.
- The Rapier Family, who continues to be an encouraging force for Oak Hall, bringing our community to the forefront in everything they do.
- The Olinger Family, whose continued commitment and leadership to Oak Hall is seen not only in this project but throughout campus.
- The Pickens Family, past parents and current grandparents, continue to usher in the next generation of Eagles.
- The Drummond Family who endlessly demonstrate an unbending commitment to Oak Hall.
- The Miller Family who continues to give of themselves to grow our OHS Family.
- The Scorpio Family sho nurtures the development of our community.
- The Streeter Family who pushes our mission forward, championing it in all they do!
- The Sandler Cohen Family, a constant and gentle reminder of our commitment to our mission.
Capital Campaign Phase 1B
Learning Enrichment Center
$3M | Coming 2024
Relocate (3) modular structures and construct a new enrichment center, creating flexible learning spaces for LS specials, science, makers space, art, music, and world cultures.
The Rapier Family — a family who exudes kindness, and seeks to serve, has chosen again to lead and bring joy even in their time of sadness. Choosing to honor a special member of their family and leave a lasting legacy.
The continued philanthropic leadership of the Rapier Family is re-envisioning some of Oak Hall’s oldest spaces. As a school, we are privileged to have the Rapier Family join us in actualizing the first phase of the Oak Hall Master Plan — replacing the 20-year-old cottages and building a new enrichment center! Their astonishing and humbling $3M gift, Oak Hall’s largest philanthropic gift to date, accelerates this dream to reimagine the learning foundation established during our children’s time in the Early Childhood Learning Center and Lower School. So much more than a building, but an opportunity that reinvigorates the learning and teaching experience of our most impressionable Eagles, helping grow new artists, scientists, and musicians, inspiring the heart, and awakening the mind. Giving our teachers a space that matches their excellence. The Karen Rapier Enrichment Center will be filled with the same joy Karen brought to the lives of those she knew and will be a point of pride for Oak Hall forever.
Together we celebrate, share joy, and stand tall, filled with pride to honor Karen Rapier with this phenomenal commitment to serving young children.
Check out a video of the Karen Rapier Enrichment Centers here.
UPDATE: Capital Campaign Phase 1B
We are thrilled to share the latest updates on the construction progress of the Karen Rapier Enrichment Center, an exciting addition to our campus that will greatly enhance the Oak Hall experience for our students and community. Here is a summary of the milestones achieved thus far:
- Breaking Ground (February 2023): In February, we marked an important milestone as we officially broke ground on the Karen Rapier Enrichment Center. This momentous occasion symbolized the beginning of a transformative journey to create a state-of-the-art facility that will provide expanded opportunities for learning, collaboration, and enrichment.
- Demolition of the Old Modulars (February-March 2023): Following the groundbreaking, we swiftly proceeded with the demolition of the old modular buildings to make way for the new center. Clearing the site was an important step toward creating a blank canvas for the construction process.
- Site Preparation (April-June 2023) -: With the old modulars removed, meticulous site preparation work commenced. This involved grading the land, ensuring proper drainage systems, and preparing the groundwork for the foundation. These critical tasks laid the foundation for a solid construction phase.
- Foundation Pouring (June 2023: After thorough planning and preparation, we successfully poured the foundation for the Karen Rapier Enrichment Center. This marked a significant milestone as it provided the structural base upon which the entire facility will be built. The foundation represents the stability and longevity of the future center.
- Going Vertical (June 2023): With the foundation in place, we have made remarkable progress in the construction process. The framework of the Karen Rapier Enrichment Center has started to take shape, going vertical and providing an exciting glimpse of the future structure. The rising walls and beams represent the transformation and growth that this center will bring to our community.
- Preparing for the Topping Off: As we approach the next construction phase, we are eagerly preparing for the topping-off. This traditional construction milestone signifies the completion of the structural framework of the building. It is a moment of celebration and a testament to the collective efforts of our dedicated construction team.